Rotary Youth for a Better World is a worldwide movement of young people under the age of 30 who are dedicated to bettering the world in significant ways by growing an army of passionate, dedicated and courageous young people who have the skills and, above all, confidence to take on ALL the major problems of the world.
- Rotary Youth for a Better World is about creating opportunities for people to do more with their lives than they ever dreamed possible.
- It’s about growing true strategic leaders and global problem solvers.
- It’s about being of the greatest service to the greatest number of people with the greatest need in our community called Earth.
- It’s about learning to see beyond what IS to what COULD BE and then making it real.
- It’s about daring to be great!
Early in 2018 members of Rotary Youth for a Better World from around the world participated in a discussion as to what the mission statement for Rotary Youth for a Better World. The discussion became one of seeking the single achievement that would be of the greatest value to the world. Suggestions included ending World Hunger, ending Illiteracy, ending Poverty, ending Conflict, etc.
After a month of discussion it was concluded that no single problem would be of the greatest value. They recalled the well-known story, “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day; teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime. It is similar with problems. Solve a single problem and make the world a little better; grow and army of global problem solvers and solve all the current and future problems, including those not yet known.
The Rotary Youth for a better World Mission Statement is therefore to motivate, mobilize and organize a global army of young people with exceptional passion, determination and courage ad then help them develop the skills, connections and confidence to take on ALL the world’s major problems.
Doing more with their lives than they ever dreamed possible:
How it all began.
Challenging the youth of the world.
Together we can do more.
Daring to be great!
Defining the mission
Taking on the SDGs
Advocating for the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)